Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yappy Dogs

It's been awhile since I've posted and it's certainly not that I've got nothing to say. I've always got plenty to say, you all know that!

But I've just been busier than usual. Rather than get into that, I've been asked about the outcome of the poodle skirts.

The poodles themselves turned out kind of cute. I created them as appliques and sewed them on with a large stitch so that they can easily be removed if the child doesn't like them.


I learned something about felt while making these. All felt is not created equal. They now make felt out of recycled pop bottles. Interesting. And a good thing to know before you take an iron to it. Luckily I had a piece of paper between the iron and the felt. I'm not sure why I even did that but God must have initiated the tiny voice in my head that day. I had to start again, but I still had a smooth, functioning iron.

They are quite pretty A-line skirts and I love the green linen-look fabric.


I'm not sure if it's okay to post pictures of people without asking their permission. Is that okay or is it an invasion of privacy? What's the protocol? In the absence of an answer, I'll pretend she's a juvenile criminal and I have to protect her/his identity.


All three girls liked the poodles. Laura said she'd be happy to wear it again with the poodle still there. Beth said the same, but for three weeks it lay scrunched in a plastic grocery bag on the floor of her closet. Lovingly tended. The juvie openly admitted to being unlikely to ever wear the skirt again, poodle or no poodle.

I made her mother pay for the skirt. Humph.

And, Mom, Laura and Beth did both wear their scarves to the event, but ripped them off as soon as they were backstage. They looked suitably retro for the event, sang and danced well. They are still singing the Locomotion song and Alice does a great version of "You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog". It was a fun night.

And in other yappy dog news, we are babysitting two mutts for the rest of this week. They are not liking the interior of the garage at the moment.

No comments: