Monday, September 12, 2011

Produce of a different variety

A friend came over today to show me her produce.


Oh, how different than my slug-eaten vegetables.


Much larger than my tiny garlic, and mini onions that are mostly lost in the forest of greenery.


And my tomatoes that look more like cherry tomatoes than beef steaks.


I do like my carrots a lot, but these large ones would taste fabulous too. 


And her peas were so cute!  I took quite a few pictures of her cute little peas among the healthy greenery of my climbing beans.


And this lovely eggplant.  I totally love the leaves at the top. 

I wish my own produce were as healthy and large.

(BTW, her produce is going to be up for silent auction this weekend at the Westmount Community Garden.  It would look totally cute in a basket or bowl on a kitchen table)

2 comments:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

These are really fantastic! I'd love the knitting patterns! So sweet - I'd love my children to have this type of playfood over the regular plastic stuff!

Evelyn in Canada said...

Patty-Jean, I quickly found patterns for veggies on ravelry.com that look identical to these.

Deidre, are you there? Can you help Patty-Jean to source your patterns?