Thursday, August 13, 2009

Growth

No, I'm not talking about the garden this time. I've been alerted to the fact that Beth has had a bit of a growth spurt over the summer.

I'm not blind. I have indeed noticed the long legs, but with all of the shorts and capris over the summer, I didn't really think much of it. I just thought they were more exposed than usual.
Yesterday she got together with a school friend and it was quite obvious something besides my garden had been growing.

This is our growth chart. We don't have a cute painted giraffe with a long neck or anything. I never liked the cutesy designs and was too busy when the kids were little to shop around for something better. By the time I cared, I was missing out recording their heights at all. One day I just started lining them up against the wall. At least I didn't have to shop.

We last measured Beth in March. She decided to offer a prediction for her height in December. I remember saying that she'd slow down and wouldn't ever hit that mark.


This is me eating my words. (Please ignore the dirty fingernails. I can't seem to walk anywhere outside without pulling a few weeds. I do wash before preparing meals, although the extra nutrients probably wouldn't hurt anyone around here.)


4'11" as of today. I think she's got three more inches and she will have caught up to her paternal grandmother. I suspect she's got more maternal genes at work physically.
In other news, Alice lost her first tooth yesterday!

She may be gearing up to be the shortest of our girls, but she's the only one to have the guts to let her father pull her tooth.

2 comments:

Coralee said...

Wow, they grow so fast - just like you said! I can hardly believe that some day I will be tracing Abby's head on my wall! Your girls are beautiful, by the way.

Adventures of Deesa said...

Beth looks so grown up! And Alice lost a tooth! What a brave girl letting Daddy pull it! I was always too chicken!