Monday, June 21, 2010

More of what goes on

Heart of the City festival - who knew Laura could do that?

We've been spending a lot of time at "end of year" events lately and frankly, although we choose our activities because they are fun, I'm happy to be easing into summer. Over the last couple of weeks, we've done the following:

  • end of year Guides party
  • end of year choir party
  • end of year piano recital (luckily Yvon forgot the camera so you don't get to hear us this year!)
  • end of year choral worship service
  • end of year Sunday school musical
  • church summer picnic
  • picniced by ourselves at our favourite climbing tree
  • celebrated Father's Day
  • attended a "Heart of the City" festival

Our climbing tree

Alice's first time at bat (church picnic)

Not my father, but the father of my children



We also managed to fit a friend's birthday party into our weekend, our annual Easter Seals Walk, and a silent auction/desert fundraiser for Haiti.

Birthday present - restauranteur set

Easter Seals Walk

Just looking at this would have had me reaching for my hanky in the past. It doesn't seem to effect me like it used to.


The kids only have one full week of school left too and it's mostly field trips. Beth told me that their whole curriculum has been covered now so I suggested she start summer early and stain the fence with me. They are only reviewing this week. I'll bet I could spend one hour every day with her doing that and she'd have the rest of the day free. Well, free to work for me that is! These last days of school are always a waste of time for everyone (although I don't know the teacher's perspective - maybe there's a reason to keep the kids that I don't know about). I'm going on a field trip this week to a working farm with Alice and they all go watersliding on the last day of school.

We've kept the summer relatively free of scheduled events so that we could respond to spontaneity a bit, although I noticed the calendar starting to fill up. That's okay. I'm looking forward to it. The pool will hopefully go up this week (with a solar heating system - yay!) and the weather is perfect for it right now. I can't wait to start floating in it.

1 comment:

Coralee said...

Sounds like a great start to the summer and soaking in a pool sounds like a great plan, too. Thanks for sharing!