Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... the reddish tulips are emerging from the soil in spite of the cold.

I am thinking... that Stuart McLean should never retire. I love the Vinyl Cafe and I'd miss Dave.

I am thankful for... warrantees and the AMA towing service.

From the kitchen... I need to start thinking of soccer snacks. Ten weeks of soccer games and practices starting tonight.

I am wearing... the everyday uniform of jeans.

I am reading... Crow Lake still, although I'll have to miss book club for the first time this year. Soccer starts to interfere with everything.

I am hoping... that the van repairs are all covered because I haven't worked much lately.

I am creating... THREE poodle skirts. Why do I do this to myself?

I am hearing... the furnace running when IT SHOULD BE SPRING!!

Around the house... we have another critter. Nibbles is about 20 days old and extremely cute, but camera-shy at the moment. He's the cutest little black gerbil.

One of my favorite things... soup. And it's one of my daily indulgences at lunchtime because at least one kid doesn't like it. I can make food just for me at lunch.

A few plans for the rest of the week... a meeting with about the community garden, soccer games and a CD debut concert.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

The way she was.

No comments: