Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... a squirrel is climbing the stucco wall of the garage.

I am thinking... that I need to become a more frequent rider.




I am thankful for... the kind words of others and the beauty of my children's voices. Check this out.

We sang the indroit and anthem yesterday. Alice sings to her own tune, but that's why we love her. Throughout one song she repeated the chorus ("Jesus, Lammer God") regardless of what the rest of us did. Everyone loved it and we even got applause. In our Baptist church!

From the kitchen... I can look forward to soy-less veal cutlets. I love the Dutch deli and their knowledge of the products they make and sell.

I am wearing... Cheeto-orange tints on two fingertips, and the reason I need to ride the bike more often.


I am reading... Crow Lake by Mary Lawson again. The book club has been voting unintentionally for a lot of Canadiana.



I am hoping... that this scene:


will look like this again:



I am creating... nothing right now. I'm helping Laura make her own poodle skirt though.

I am hearing... the last few minutes of silence before the kids burst through the door, returning from school.

Around the house... there is so much to do that I avoid it altogether. I really need to move the clothes line this week.

One of my favorite things... hearing them yell out about the awesome things that happened at school. One of my least favourie things is to push them out the door in the morning while Alice complains about hating school. I have to videotape her happiness coming home and replay it to her in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... work more hours than last month, set up the mini greenhouse, and join the community league.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

1 comment:

Tamara Jansen said...

mmm yummy cheetos! And lucky me, I can eat them without having to ride a bike later :)