Sunday, March 17, 2013

My first quilt

 In Alice's blue room it looks almost more American than Canadian, but the maple leaves do give it away.


It's far, far, far from perfect, but my first quilt is done in just over a week.


Actually, it's not quite done.  I left three squares open for the traveling girls to sign their names, and one for the date, and it's held together with safety pins all over the place.  The girls are going to knot-quilt it this week.

My little girl leaves on Friday.  It'll be her first trip on an airplane, and her first trip away from the family.  And I'm sure it will be an awesome experience for all of them.  They are going to have so much fun together, making all of those Bingo evenings and cookie sales and bottle drives worthwhile.

I'm more than just a little envious.  I wonder if she'll be able to reveal what the Dead Scorpion Society is when she comes home?  Even googling that comes up with nothing, so they are pretty serious about their oath of secrecy.  Expect no blog posts about it.  I don't want to be the one who leaks the secrets to the world, but I do want to know what it is.   Are there any Girl Guides out there who can tell us what that's all about?

1 comment:

Coralee said...

Looks amazing, Ev!