Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Knibbles

I talked to my mom last week.  Apparently her phone calls to friends often contain a lot of "knibbles" and she was grateful that ours was not.  I'm not sure if that's a Dutch word, a slang Dutch word or a terribly spelt English version of a slang Dutch word, but I knew what it meant by the way she said it.  Complaints about aches and pains and life's troubles. 

Well, I didn't have any knibbles that day.  Now I do and you're about to hear about them.

4 days until our Easter Seals walk in Rundle Park.  It's not a terribly long walk, 2 hours of walking at whatever speed you normally do.  We walk instead of run, and this year I might be shuffling.  I don't know what I did to myself, but I'm feeling like this.

Whatever your normal is...

It's been three days of back pain so far and I'd better get over it fast because I can't imagine carrying a tent and sleeping bags around the park.  And I really can't imagine being of any help whatsoever setting it all up. 

And all of the lovely rain we've had makes the garden grow as I watch.  And the weeds too, but I can't lean over to pull them up.  Poo. 

I guess I should be thankful that I haven't had this problem for a year and a half.  It's just so dang  hard to be thankful when I can't sleep properly, can't sit without pain, or walk upright or pick things up off the floor.  Swimming yesterday was the only comfort I've had since Saturday night.  I've been watching a lot of House this year and I can totally relate to some of his behaviour brought on by pain.  I'll try to beware and not become a permanent grump!

No comments: