Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teen in the house!

I'm definitely not too young to have a teen, but it's still a bit shocking to me that Beth is 13. 

Technically she turned 13 yesterday already if you take into account the 18 hour time difference between her birth in Australia and here.  My mom's card brought that up.  "13 years ago, on April 23, we were called and told about Beth's birth on April 24." 

For years, a friend of Beth's liked to brag about being older by one day.  Six years of "I'm older than you!" and then I finally asked what hour she was born.  She was born on April 23, about 2 hours LATER than Beth!  All along  Beth was actually older than her. 

Does any of that make sense?  Maybe not, but I don't know what to say on this birthday of my teenaged daughter.  She's pretty amazing and I couldn't be more proud of her. 


No comments: