Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dinner last night

Nothing special, but I was doing some work yesterday and I finally managed to fit a walk into my day.

And it was Valentine's Day.  That means many parents send their kids to school with plates of cupcakes and cookies to share with the class. 

And two of my girls get a box of Smarties from the teachers desk rather than risk an allergic reaction to some lovely homebaked and well-meaning gift.  Smarties.  Peanut free and nothing special. 

So I sent them to school with their own treats that were safe and better than Smarties. 





I'm glad I anticipated that this year, because sure enough, I got a call from the school.

"Alice's class is enjoying Tim Horton muffins to celebrate.  I called the shop and they said they don't know the ingredients.  Can she have one?" 

Don't they have to have the ingredients in the building somewhere?  I would have thought so.  However, she still had her decorated goodies in her lunch bag and was happy to eat them instead.  Yay me!

Anyway, this was supper.  Beans, rice and pulled pork with an apricot BBQ sauce that Beth said was so sweet her teeth hurt.  And that was a good thing apparently!


And Alice said that I'd promised to photograph her plate sometimes.  She made a food tree to share with you.

No comments: