I had grand plans to show you pictures and tell stories about my summer. I've edited pictures, but don't necessarily have the time to download them into Blogger. Maybe I'll randomly start throwing just one picture into each post for a while and you can match it up with the activity below. Here's one to start.
Off the top of my head, here's some things we did:
- Kayaked on a lake
- Wanted to kayak on another too-cold lake
- Rowed on prairie grass
- Luxury camped in the mountains
- Saw snow in those same mountains!
- Stuck ourselves to a velcro wall
- Rock climbed
- Climbed hoodoos
- Went on a short horseback ride
- Learned to spin wood on a drop spindle
- Had more success spinning with a wheel
- Threw clay on a pottery wheel
- Wheeled around to my gardens on my bike
- Grew lots
- Picked more
- Canned even more
- Swam in a lake
- Swam in city pools
- Swam in our own pool
- Took down our pool
- Milked a wooden cow
- Tie-dyed shirts and fabric
- Used a cider press for the first time
- Ripped out part of our bathroom
- Ate a lot of s'mores
- Went to two small-town parades
- Went to a small-town midway
- Went to two family reunions
It was all fun, but I'm tired.
I'm glad it's September and hopefully we can get some routine back into our lives. Last week school started (Yay!), and this week Sunday School, AWANA, choirs, piano lessons and Girl Guides started.
An altogether new kind of busy-ness is upon us, but we always start with excitement and it's a good thing. I love September.