Thursday, November 12, 2009

Early Christmas

It feels like it.

Not the weather particularly. There is no snow right now, and it's been nice enough to work outside on a few projects.

I even finished my second crocheted hat but haven't had the opportunity to wear it. I'm sure my time will come. This time I tried to read a pattern for the flower. I'm not thrilled with it, but it kind of worked.

But Christmas has come in a few other ways.

I spent a day at a choir retreat singing our new Christmas reportoire. It was lovely and sightreading new music is one of my favourite things. It's right up there with girls in white dresses, snowflakes on kittens, and bright coloured packages tied up with strings.

And speaking of girls in white dresses, Alice is practicing to be an angel for the Sunday School Christmas concert and listens to this CD a lot. I won't actually be able to hear her debut solo, because I'll be with another angel.

Laura has been practicing like an angel for her concert on the same evening. Yvon and I will have to attend dress rehearsals so that we don't actually miss anything. It's tough to be in two places at one time.

And speaking of bright coloured packages, this week three Samaritan's Purse shoe boxes came home from school and need filling by Nov. 20.


I'd rather be working on all of the gifts I have in mind for our own children, but I should put selfish thoughts aside and think of others. I guess. If I have to.
And today I was informed that Beth and I have a piano recital for Christmas as well. Do I want to play in it? I'm not sure really if I need the extra deadline but it's hard to make Beth do these recitals while I opt out. We'll see. I'll be able to knock a few hours off of my "10,000 hours towards greatness". That can't be a bad thing, but right now I'm feeling like I'd like to knock a few gifts off of my Christmas list instead.
Why does Christmas sneak up so fast every year? It's not as if the date ever changes.

1 comment:

Coralee said...

hooray for early Christmas! Such a beautiful hat, Ev!