Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... is fresh snow sparkling in the sun.

I am thinking... that I'd rather not babysit this afternoon. Maybe Alice will help me.

From the learning rooms... I am using macros in a way I'd never thought to do before.

I am thankful for... my house-wifey tendencies.

From the kitchen... more bread. This time I'm trying rye bread.


I am wearing... no socks. And my feet are predictably cold.

I am reading... "Saving Fish From Dying" by Amy Tan. And whatever I can find on the web about it before our book club meeting.

I am hoping... for world peace. Oh, sorry. I thought this was the Miss America interview.

I am creating... curtains and birthday presents.

I am hearing... nothing. And it's nice.

Around the house... we are getting ahead, bit by bit, towards the goal of space and shedding clutter.

One of my favorite things... the smell of fresh bread.

A few plans for the rest of the week... getting fabric out of the cupboard and hanging on curtain rods.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




Just before the snow started to melt last week I thought I'd visually track the melting by using a picture like this. On Friday some of the snow melted off the Little People House, and then it snowed again and it's almost as deep as ever.

Incidentally, I just Googled this house to get the dimensions and found out that this piece of plastic sells for $350! I'll bet it's not worth that anymore around here.

No comments: