Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The First Signs

Is this not a sign of promise? Spring is coming and it makes my heart sing.

What exactly is my heart singing? Actually, it sings a song I wrote in elementary school. It's probably the only song I've ever written, but my teacher praised it because it made sense musically and even had difficult syncopation. I remember it only because I loved the praise.

I like spring.
It makes me sing.
I love to hear
the birds that
cheer.

And here's another sign that I see along all of the edges of my sidewalk.


But this is what the rest of the yard still looks like. We've got a fair bit of snow to melt. And most of my tulips are in that area of the yard. Bummer.

5 comments:

Rosa said...

You Have TULIPS coming up?!!!
No Fair!
:)

Tamara Jansen said...

I have much sympathy for you Edmontonians :)

Evelyn in Canada said...

We learn to live with it. I look at pictures from previous years and am always amazed at how quickly the garden is transformed once the snow is gone.

Bonita said...

I guess you don't want to see pics of my beautifully lush green yard, with my daffodils in full bloom??

Evelyn in Canada said...

Actually, I'd love to see your daffodils. But I'd love most to see them in person!