Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pillsbury

This isn't about refrigerator biscuits or ready-made pizza dough.  Don't get me wrong - I love those biscuits, and who doesn't love that chubby while Pillsbury Doughboy?

This is about my favourite cookbook. 




While trying to downsize this last year, I got rid of a bunch of cookbooks.  So many had one or two recipes that I kept returning to and the rest of the cookbook just took up space.  I forced myself to copy those few recipes down and brought boxes to Goodwill.

I couldn't part with this one.

It was one of my first cookbooks, a gift from a friend. 

It's been used and used and used and I wouldn't know where to start if I were forced to copy my favourites.  It's so full of classic recipes and I think they've all worked.



I still go to the Joy of Cooking for cooking recipes, but this is my baking bible.


How could I get rid of it anyway?  Who would buy it at Goodwill?  If it's only good for the garbage, I'll keep it on my shelf.
 

I keep thinking of getting it coilbound, but that may never happen. Besides, it's kind of handy to pull out the page I need and bring it to the counter while baking.   I'll just continue tucking the pages inside the cover.



Good as new.

No comments: