Thursday, June 27, 2013

The last day ever

Today Yvon and I walked to school.  A child got off her bike to give me a hug.  Who was she?  It doesn't really matter, I guess.  It felt good and she seemed to know me (maybe from a field trip?).  


This was the last day ever at this elementary school.  Will random little girls ever give me hugs at the K-9 school next year?  Unlikely, I think, and I'll miss it a lot.  We'll still see it daily through our kitchen window, and hear the kids playing in the field, but we won't be part of it anymore.  The end of an era.


Miss Alice walked away with the Academic Excellence Award, Excellent Effort Award, and the coveted Art Awart for her class. 

Alice is moving on the French Immersion school next year to join her big sisters.  What this also means is that Yvon and I will no longer be a part of their school council.  After 9 years, we are free to do something else on that Tuesday evening.  Maybe we'll go shopping at Chapters with our new gift certificates and spent some quiet evenings reading.

It's also the end of the year for Beth and Laura.  They celebrate the end of school differently, and with fewer fears and tears.  


It means burning your notes.


Much less emotional and it relieves the stress of finals.  And those French notes look so pretty as they burn.

No comments: