Saturday, May 4, 2013

Earth Ball

I have very helpful kids.  They especially like to help if there is something in it for them.

Who doesn't?  A little appreciation is a good thing. 

Yesterday Alice came home with the earth, a reward for helping clean tables at lunchtime at school. 




And because it's been a long time since I studied the composition of the earth, Laura labeled it for me. Maybe that will help others too.    


In the past the rewards were generally candy-related.  Since becoming an Apple School and taking it seriously (as opposed to our junior high which does it rather half-heartedly I find), it's been tougher to find rewards that are less about sugar and more about education or healthy. 

I love this one.  Although it's educational value is limited once you memorize those four parts, it's still squishy and throwable and fun. 

No comments: