Thursday, April 4, 2013

Orange Sky at Night

If "red sky at night" is a "sailor's delight", what is an orange sky?

Snow.


That's what it means around here.  And in April it is no gardener's delight. Or jogger's delight (not that I know anything about that).  Or biker's, walker's, picnic-ers delight.
  

Just when the mounds were shrinking fast, the white stuff is a-fallin' again.

But just to put it all in perspective, this was my yard on this date last year:



It's not so different really.  Fresher and fluffier last year, but it looks like the depth is similar.  And it all goes away quickly, so I'll try not to be discouraged. 

Fresh snow in April?  We all have different definitions of normal. 

1 comment:

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Well Evelyn. I think the snow in Edmonton was melting quicker than here in Northern Alberta. However, doesn't mean I got to escape the latest dumping!! I can't believe the first week of April is near over, and still I have about 4 feet of the white stuff!!

Soon, I hope, we all will be digging in that glorious soil!! Barefoot!