Friday, January 25, 2013

Drapes - finally!

I can't have you thinking that I'm still obsessing about the possibility of a job.  I might be, but there are other things going on as well.



Isn't this exciting?  I've thought about having drapes in this bay window since we moved into the house.  We have improper window coverings all over the house, often opting for no coverings.  In this room, that is rather cold looking in the winter, and probably cold in temperature as well.  For a while we had one wide roman blind that didn't really work there.  It was messy looking and visually distracting.

Over Christmas we had some curtain rods donated to us and they seem to work well.  They solved my indecision about what to do with this window. It works, I think, and it's still plenty bright in the room.  I took that picture at night, and you can see how the un-draped window acts as a huge mirror in the room.   This is a big improvement.


If you've been in our home, you might see two other new things - the table and carpet.

The carpet also adds to the warmth.  It doesn't solve my cold feet, but that must be a genetic thing.  However, it's fairly plush, a bit less busy than the one we borrowed from Mom and Dad, and the colors aren't bad.  A bit off of both the couch and chair, but also the price was right.  $100 from a closing-out sale.  That'll do!

And the table is beautiful!  In front of the creator, I had admired one that a friend was gifted with, and a few months later he told me that my table was almost done.  What?!  I didn't ask for a table!  I never would have expected him to make me a table.  I'd take a picture of his handcrafted stamp on the underside, but I've been sworn to secrecy so that others won't swamp him with requests.  All I can say is - thank you, thank you!   

And just so you know, we don't always have a colour-coordinated book on the table.  That's just a notebook Alice was working in this morning.  Just coincidence, I assure you. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, those curtains look great!

AND WHAT A TABLE! WOW!

Isn't it lovely to be part of someone else's generosity?

Rosa said...

It looks beautiful.

Unknown said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM !Delicious Nutella on the shelf! Greetings from Polish : )

Evelyn in Canada said...

Everyone must have Nutella on the shelf. It's a requirement around here.