Friday, May 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I know it's not Monday, but I feel like posting and am temporarily out of energy. The categories of these posts help.

Outside my window... the sun is shining and I'm longing to be out there shoveling dirt and compost. But I'm out of energy.

I am thinking... that the hankies are not releasing any of the pressure in my head. But they are nice and soft.
I am thankful for... excess flannel from past pajama and diaper projects.

From the kitchen... comes a lot of chicken noodle soup and lemon honey tea.

I am wearing... the everyday uniform of jeans. Why is this category here? I'm always wearing jeans it seems. Alice is still in her PJs though on day four of whatever sickness we're sharing.

I am reading... Tuck Everlasting. It's easier to read kids fiction right now. The text is bigger for my sore eyes and it suits my short attention span.

I am hoping... that I'm better in time for a birthday dinner tomorrow night.

I am creating... a stripey/polka-dotty picture. The kids' projects always somehow end up being mine.


I am hearing... the constant whining of a sick kid. She's just so sad.

Around the house... there are many started and few finished projects. Paper, fabric, poodles, Ello, bookmarks, gardens.


One of my favorite things... children's smiles. And I'm not getting much of that this week.


A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm just glad the week is almost over. I hope the colds/allergies/croup/whatever goes with it.

No comments: